From the beginning of 2021, stricter rules apply for foreign companies or Swedish companies when ordering ID06 cards for their
EU/EEA employees. The new rules are applied mostly due to the changes in the taxes concerning foreign companies. Additionally, the
new rules are aiming to reduce copying ID06 cards or other illegal activities.
All companies, whose employees must have ID06 cards on the construction site should know the new rules and conditions that now apply when ordering the cards. The main change concerns F-tax registration. It is now mandatory to have a valid F-tax registration or an F-tax registration in process at the Swedish Tax Office to order the ID06 cards.
Requirements for Ordering ID06 Cards to Employees
The EU/EEA citizens working in a foreign company
ID06 cards can be ordered for:
- up to 25 days if an employee’s A1 certificate or a copy of the A1 application is added to the ID06 card order. The 25-day cards can be ordered for a maximum of three times per person per calendar year.
- up to 3 months if a confirmation of a Swedish personal or coordination number and A1 certificate or the copy of the A1 certificate application is added to the ID06 card order.
- up to 24 months if an employee has a Swedish personal or coordination number and a valid A1 certificate. A1 certificate must be added to the ID06 card order.
Foreign companies can order 183 day ID06 cards as an exception if they don’t have a permanent establishment in Sweden and their activities there last less than 183 days. Additionally, the foreign company mustn’t provide manpower rental service or have a head contractor who is an economic employer.
An employee’s valid A1 certificate has to be added to the 183 day ID06 card order. Also, the company must add a copy of the contract with their head contractor or client to prove the right to get a 183 day ID06 card as an exception.
The EU/EEA citizens working in a Swedish company
ID06 cards can be ordered for:
- up to 25 days if an employee does not have a Swedish personal or coordination number. The short-term ID06 card can only be ordered once.
- up to 3 months if a confirmation of a Swedish personal or coordination number is added to the order.
- up to 5 years if an employee has a Swedish personal or coordination number.
The requirement for a temporary or permanent identity code in Sweden does not apply for the Finnish or Norwegian citizens working in a Swedish company. In that case, proof from the local tax office showing income tax payments to their home country will suffice.
Due to the changes, there will be more checkups this year on the construction sites in Sweden. It is important that all people on the construction sites in Sweden have ID06 cards to avoid any fines by the government. Not obeying the rules can be fined up to 10 000 SEK, and the company risks getting banned from the construction site.
You can order ID06 cards from 1Office. We offer employee identification service in our Tallinn, Riga and Helsinki offices. See the service here or contact us for more information.