1Office UK company set up services are perfect for non-residents and individuals who don’t want go through the hassle of formation process by themselves. We help you register a company in the UK and advise you on the necessary operations. During the incorporation, the company can be registered to the 1Office virtual office address.
If necessary we can represent you at HM Revenue & Customs.
If you plan to register your company for VAT (Value Added Tax), we will help you in the application process.
1Office is located in the Salisbury House at London Wall, London EC2M 5QZ. Opening hours: Mon-Fri; 9am-5pm.
Which services do we offer?
Setting up a business in the UK
We help our clients with setting up the main types of businesses in the UK:
- Private limited company (Ltd.)
- Sole trader
- Limited partnership (LP)
- Limited liability partnership (LLP).
There is no up-front minimum share capital payment needed and the Companies House filing fee is included in the fees.
For setting up UK limited companies please contact us to ensure we have your data needed for incorporating a new limited company. Alternatively you can fill a web form located here.
The company will be registered in the Companies House within approximately two working days after receiving your details and the payment. We can also advise on opening a bank account for the company with different local and international banks.
Setting up a UK company is a low cost operation. Our fees start just from £29 for a Private limited company (Ltd). You can start the ordering process or see our fees by using the buttons below.
Registering the company for VAT and PAYE
As a rule, registering the company with HM Revenue and Custom’s (HMRC) registries takes four weeks. A VAT identification number is mandatory where the sales turnover exceeds £85,000 per calendar year (£70,000 for distance sales into the UK), otherwise invoicing may be done without VAT.
PAYE registration is needed for employing people in the UK. Fees for setting up a company do not include tax registrations.
Organising the management of the company
1Office offers a company secretary service with assistance for the preparation of a variety of minutes, reports, contracts and documents needed for public offices. Read more about the legal services here.
Overseas company registration
You are obliged to register your company with Companies House only if it has some degree of physical presence in the UK (such as a place of business or a branch) through which it carries out a business.
If you are an overseas company thinking of opening a UK establishment, this service will fit your needs.
We will advise and help you with the registration process with Companies House.
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions. If there is no answer for your question here, please contact us. You will find our contacts here.
- What is included in the limited company formation?
- What is included in the overseas company registration?
- Is establishing or purchasing a company a transaction for which I must come to the UK?
- Does opening a limited company in the UK require the payment of the share capital?
- When must a company be registered for VAT?
- When registering a UK limited company, can I replace model articles of association?
1. What is included in the limited company formation?
Limited company formation service includes the following:
- Companies House £12 fee;
- Model articles of association;
- Ordinary shares (allotted in British pounds);
- Company formation (2 working days).
2. What is included in the overseas company registration?
Overseas company registration service includes the following:
- Companies House £20 fee;
- Registration with Companies House by mail;
- Overseas company annual accounts may be required;
- Overseas company director’s certified passport copy is required;
- Overseas company articles of association copy and translation to English may be required.
3. Is establishing or purchasing a company a transaction for which I must come to the UK?
No, there is no such requirement and documents can be sent by mail. Residents of a foreign country may be shareholders and directors of a limited company registered in the UK.
Does opening a limited company in the UK require the upfront payment of the share capital?
No, there is no such requirement. Minimum share capital is £1 with 1 share. It is common to have a share capital consisting of either 100 or 1,000 shares of £1 each.
4. When must a company be registered for VAT?
he threshold for registering for VAT is £85,000 of taxable turnover per year.
Registration threshold for distance selling into the UK is £70,000 of taxable turnover per year.
If your turnover is less than £85,000 per year, you may register for VAT voluntarily. HMRC reserve the right to reject the registration if you can’t give sufficient evidence of business activities in the UK.
If you are a VAT-registered business in the UK supplying goods and services to VAT-registered customers in another EU country, you must report those supplies to HMRC separately in addition to the VAT return filing. The frequency of the reporting depends on your turnover and the type of your supplies.
5. When registering a UK limited company, can I replace model articles of association?
Yes, you can provide your own articles of association for the limited company. Articles need to comply with Companies Act 2006.