Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions. If there is no answer for your question here, please contact us. You will find our contacts here.
- Does a UK limited company have to have a UK address?
- Can a UK limited company select a post box address as the registered office address?
- Where are the virtual offices located?
- Can I order the virtual office service already before creating a company?
- How do I get my mail from the virtual office?
- When do the virtual office secretaries work?
- What is a virtual office service?
- Why use a virtual office?
- What virtual office services do we offer?
- What is a registered office address?
- What is a business address?
- What is a service address for company directors?
- Can you use the virtual office services before registering a company?
- How much does the Virtual office services cost?
1. Does a UK limited company have to have a UK address?
Yes, a UK limited company must be registered at a UK address. Companies registered in England and Wales need to have a registered office in England or Wales.
2. Can a UK limited company register a post box address as the legal address?
No, Companies House does not enable registering a company at a post box address.
3. Where are the virtual offices located?
The virtual office is located in the heart of City of London, in the Salisbury House, London Wall.
4. Can I order the virtual office solution already before registering a company?
Yes you can. If you are only beginning to register the company, then we will make the first invoice out to you as the future director. We will prepare later invoices and the agreement in the company’s name. We would suggest using us a company formation agent.
5. How do I get my mail from the virtual office?
You can get mail from the office, via e-mail or by logging into our client area. If necessary we will forward mail to the address of your choice.
6. When do the virtual office secretaries work?
You can use the virtual office and secretaries’ services on working days between 9 AM to 5 PM, except on English bank holidays.
7. What is a virtual office service?
A virtual office is a service that enables employees and business owners to work from any location by using technology that is connected to the internet such as a laptop, computer, and mobile phones. It also allows businesses and individuals to create and maintain a presence in a desirable location without the need to pay additional expenses for the office location.
8. Why use a virtual office?
The virtual office services allows businesses and individuals to have a business presence in a prestigious address without the high costs of renting and buying the office space. It is especially popular with international businesses.
9. What virtual office services do we offer?
At 1Office UK we provide the following services:
- Businesses and individuals are entitled to use our business address for trading and personal use. This includes registering with HMRC and Companies House register.
- All incoming mail will be opened and emailed to your nominated contact person on the same day Monday – Friday excluding English Bank Holidays
- Mail can be sent directly to you by Royal Mail either weekly or monthly (for an additional fee)
- Advertisements and any unsolicited mail will be discarded for your convenience
- Call answering services using your unique UK landline phone number. All calls are handled as per your instructions.
- Free use of the Salisbury House lounge for meetings. Private meetings room are also available (for an additional fee)
10. What is a registered office address?
A registered office is the address that you have chosen to be displayed on public record next to your company name. This means that it will be the official address of your limited company or limited liability partnership. The only mail this address will receive will be from Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Please note: due to UK jurisdiction, you cannot have an overseas registered office.
11. What is a business address?
A business address is the address where the business is situated. It is also the address where customers, potential customers, suppliers, general business associates and third parties can contact you. A business address can be situated anywhere in the world. There are no restrictions, so you can you your home address, trading address, Virtual office address etc as your business address. Please note: the business address is not a legal requirement, so therefore, there is no need to send it to Companies House.
12. What is a service address for company directors?
A service address is the name of the official correspondence address of a director. The director is legally required to provide a physical postal address (no PO number) for the public record when they join a company during or after incorporation. The address will only be used by Companies House and HMRC for contact purposes.
13. Can you use the virtual office services before registering a company?
Yes you can. If you are at the beginning stages of registering your company, we can make the first invoice out to you as the future director. Once the company has been registered we can prepare future invoices and the agreement letter in your chosen company name.
14. How much does the Virtual office services cost?
The virtual office services are priced at:
- £87 plus VAT each quarter (every 3 months) OR £300 plus VAT each year.
- Call answering services are priced at £69 plus VAT each month
- Mail forwarding fees are priced at £1.50 per unit. This can be sent weekly or monthly.