It might happen that after some time after the company has been incorporated you want to appoint a new director or directors. You can do this any time after the company has been incorporated and it can be either as a replacement or addition to an existing director.
Once you have decided which change you would like to make you would need to inform Companies House. This is done via submitting the AP01 form online or by sending the completed form by post.
To appoint a new director for a private limited company, you must provide the following information to Companies House:
- Full name of the new director
- Former name(s), if used for business purposes within the last 20 years
- Date of Birth (DOB) only the month and year will be shown on the public record
- Service address
- Usual residential address
- Date of appointment
Who can be a director?
Generally speaking, any individual or corporate body can hold the position of director of a company.
However there are some exceptions and you cannot appoint as a director:
- A disqualified director
- Anyone under the age of 16
- Somebody who is currently in bankruptcy (unless a court has given permission to act for the company)
- Auditors cannot be appointed as directors of companies for which they act
Should you require any help with appointing a new director, we are ready to help you.Order the service online