This blog post was updated in July 2020. Where proof of identity is required you need to send to 1Office client support two different documents, one from each list below.
What type of Proof of address documents are accepted?
List of acceptable documents:
- A valid UK driving licence
- Recent evidence of entitlement to a state- or local authority-funded benefit (including housing benefit, council tax benefit, tax credits, state pension, educational or other grant)
- Instrument of a court appointment (such as a grant of probate)
- Current council tax demand letter or statement
- HMRC-issued tax notification (NB: employer-issued documents such as P60s are not acceptable)
- End of year tax deduction certificates
- Current bank statements or credit/debit card statements
- Current utility bills
Board member’s name, full residential address and date of issue should appear on the document to be acceptable. Utility bills and bank statements should be not older than 3 months. Certified translation into English is required for any documents that are not in English, Estonian or Russian. However, we can translate some electronic documents, so please send us your document for the review before you translate it.
What type of Identity verification documents are accepted?
- Valid travel document (passport)
- National identity card of an EEA member state
Cooperation between 1Office and TransferWise
And now some additional information about registering your company together with a banking solution. Thanks to the new cooperation between 1Office and TransferWise it is now easier than ever.
If you don’t own a company yet, the best option is to go to 1Office Company Formation Portal and start your company there. It’s a fully online platform with simple forms and logical process taking you from nothing to owning a company with IBAN account, address and accounting in less than 20 minutes. Starting a company inside the portal is much easier than in Companies House – just fill in some information about yourself and your company, add additional services and you are done! Adding TransferWise IBAN account directly from the Portal makes it much easier to start your business activity fully from the distance – no need to come to UK and visit different banks. With 1Office you can get TransferWise IBAN account without any hassle. Every client coming from 1Office is treated as a trustworthy entrepreneur and therefore opening your account is easier and faster. Account includes IBAN and debit card and is therefore perfect for business owners doing business across borders.
If you already have a company but need a banking solution, you can apply here.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to get in touch with 1Office client support.Contact us